05 March 2011

the post without a point.

Listening to: friend laughter. Best.Sound.Ever.
Quote love: "Life is an awful, ugly place to not have a best friend." and, "There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate." (she brought chocolate.)


This is mostly about crepes (they were delicious; second time in a week), my best friend hanging out tonight, the fact that it's been raining all week, and this conversation: 

Me: "Guys, what if I do get my nose pierced and it looks ugly?"
Sister: "Well, guess you'll have to live with it."
Best friend: "You'll have to take it out and have a hole in your nose forever."

I just love the sympathy. And yes, I'm thinking about getting my nose pierced. I have the parents' ok, they would pay for it (birthday present!) and now I just have to decide. It's basically the hardest decision of my life. Yes or no?

I'm not scared, really. I mean (this is a weird story) a couple years ago I double pierced my own ear. It was an accident, but I kept it because it's different and I have an excuse to wear a diamond in my ear.

So yes or no on the nose? I'm leaning towards yes...I just can't decide.

Hope you have a great weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Hmm...interesting conundrum. I don't really know what to say since it's ultimately your decision. I guess you should go for it, because like your friend said, you can always just take it out {even though it would be a waste of money/pain}. I personally wouldn't ever get my nose pierced because I don't like pain {although I have my ears pierced so I guess that's sort of hypocritical...}. Anyway! I'm rambling! :P

    ~Starr

    P.S. I love those quotes, especially the second one. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is up to you, but just remember, no matter what you look like, God thinks you are beautiful.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, I'm not big on piercings. I think some people can pull off having their nose pierced, and you're probably one of those people. :)

    I've never even had my ears pierced. I never wanted it done (plus, I used to rarely wear jewelry). There have been a few times over the past year or two that I wish I had pierced ears (like when I come across a super cute pair of earrings on Etsy), but I doubt I'll ever get it done.

    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good question. It's your decision, so why not? I love your quotes, and the second one is GOLD :))
    -Jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mum used to have her nose pierced{pre-children days} and she looks really cute in the pictures, and my brother's girlfriend has a nose piercing and it looks really good. I think it would look so cool on you but ultimately it's up to you. It would hurt, but it would probably be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No I wouldn't get it if I were you. When people see you have it everyone will always be talking about how it must hurt, how unsanitary, and how do you get it out. lol At least that's what my friends say when they see someone have it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your "listening to" & "quote" at the top of every post! And especially in this case, because you're SO right; a friend's laughter is the best. :) And hey, happy late birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I didnt work at a conservative energy company i would do it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think nose rings are so pretty! Not like giant hoops or anything, but dimond studs or something? I think it'd be darling. I was at a store once and the check out girl had a bunch of different peircings and she said out of all of them, her nose ring hurt the worst. But, you know, you peirce it once and it's all over with. You're going to have to post pictures if you decide to do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hmmmm....still trying to decide. thanks for all the input. :)

    Hannah, I guess I'm just not very clear lately. My birthday is actually in April, I was just thinking about it. Thanks anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I may be late commenting.. but I think you should, if you want. Personally it would weird me out to have my nose pierced, but they don't look bad. And as far as I know, it will heal up if you don't like it or it becomes a problem.

    ReplyDelete

go ahead. make my day.