13 October 2010

smile-worthy.

Listening to: Never Alone by BarlowGirl. 
Quote love: "Not all who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien. 



1) apple-orcharding. possibly one of the best parts of fall. perfect weather, perfect day, amazing apples. 

2) knocking something off the bucket list.  friday night I stayed at one of my best friend's house. we made s'mores, roasting the marshmallows over a candle. it was one of the few things on my bucket list that doesn't require travel of some sort.

3) coming to home on sunday night to a super sweet message. jana, your message made my day, and I still smile when I think about it. :)

4) darcy's manual focus button. on my camera, there's a little switch that allows me to change it from manual to auto focus. it's jammed in manual. this is perfect because I don't want to shoot in auto, and the person I bought it from is sending me fifty dollars because we can't fix it. I'm thinking books, books, and more books! (maybe the hunger games trilogy? yes? no? is it worth it to buy them?)

5) so there's this giveaway that I kinda really want to win. and because I love all you followers (and it gets me an extra entry) here's the link. now go enter!

7 comments:

  1. You take some lovely pictures. I love this pic it reminds me of when me and family whent apple picking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stumbles on to blog, sees great photos, reads "About Katie" sees that Katie also likes to speak - or at least think - with a British accent and immediately clicks "Follow"
    Yep, that's how it goes with me! A sucker for photos, coffee, and all things European :)

    Feeling silly,
    Gwyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just have to tell you how much I love your blog..seriously. I was reading the quotes you have up there in various places, and it is just so sweet and inspiring! Btw, apple picking sounds fantastic..I wish I could do that around here, but unfortunately it is too warm for apples to grow here :(
    Love this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love the pic :)

    xo, Mel

    http://mel-lifesalabyrinth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kay- thank you! apple picking is the best :)

    Gwyn- new favorite comment :)

    Candice- thank you so much! apple picking is one of my favorite things every fall. it makes the whole fall better!

    Mel- thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait, you named your camera Darcy?
    Brilliant!
    My camera is named Firebird.
    Well, one of my cameras.
    I love photography.

    Well, you get to learn some cool stuff on auto.

    I love apples. I really do. Last time I went I was 13, so that's sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jillian- that's such a cool name! me too. It's like my favorite thing. yeah, you do. that's sad. it's my favorite part of fall.

    ReplyDelete

go ahead. make my day.