24 September 2010

the brand new camera.

Listening to: Jesus Muzik by Lecrea. 
Quote love: “At the end of the day, we got a fish-tank, two fighting fish, and pitted them against each other in what we thought would be an epic battle. Turns out that it was a lady fish and a man fish, and they just kissed on the lips the whole time. Love is a mystery than can only be grasped by the weak and vulnerable."  Matt Theissen


It's here. I love it so much. I could pretend that I know what I'm doing, I know how to use it, and I know how to get the autofocus button to work, but I don't.


It's slightly frustrating, but way more rewarding. The pictures aren't great yet, but they're getting better.


I'm still learning to use the flash correctly and remembering that this is not a point and shoot, and the lenses don't go in by themselves.


I'm still trying to work out the kinks, find what shooting style is easiest, and realizing that my lenses will hit my sister in the eye if I get to close.


I'm waiting for the leaves to change to crimson, and fall to the ground for my brother rake up in big piles. I'm waiting until the temperature goes down from the 90s and it starts to feel like autumn again. And the camera (affectionately named Darcy)? Well, I love it.

4 comments:

  1. How exciting! Your going to love it more and more as time goes on.

    I love the leaf on the fence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First I think you are pretty good with a camera. second I love its name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LF- I'm glad! My dad laughed at me when he read this :P

    Sereina- thanks so much for stopping by!

    Kay- aww, thanks dear.

    ReplyDelete

go ahead. make my day.