07 June 2010

skype is wonderful.

I love it. It's great to be able to talk to my family and Ali. Ali & I decided that she'll "take" me to church with her sometime this week so I can say hi to everyone.When we Skyped yesterday, I went in (kinda, she carried the computer) to her brother Zach's room and I yelled at him to wake him up. It was fun...I guess it was payback for all of the things that he did to me, like throwing water on me, or making fun of my amazing waking boarding moves, or the blonde moments that I used to have quite frequently.

I talked with my family today. It was so.hard. to get Skype to work. We kept losing the connection, I couldn't hear, and it kept on freezing. We finally got it fixed, and I was able to talk to my family for almost an hour.

Next week: going down south to the beach! We'll be there for three-ish days...I can't wait.

So how's life for everyone on the other side of the world?

8 comments:

  1. I would definitely Skype more often if it didn't take so long to set up :P

    Haha, that's cool that you woke your friend's brother up via Skype though.

    I thought you were in Europe, but apparently not.

    I can't imagine how hard that'd be.

    Are you with a church group of some sort?

    _Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm using the Skype on someone else's computer, so it's all set up and ready for me. I like it, but I get sooo distracted.

    Yes, it was amazing! :)

    I was only there for a day, waiting for our flight. I'm in the Middle East now and for the rest of the summer.

    Nope, I staying with some friends of my parents. They have six little boys so I'm helping out with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skype is great! I cant wait to bring you to church :) It'll be fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time at the beach! Remember your sun block!! We'll miss you at the pond.
    Love,
    Aunt Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really nice.

    I have a heart for the middle east, because everything seems so upset there. And I also had a friend that moved to Qatar when we were 13, so it's always been interesting to me.

    It's cool that you have internet though :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ali- me neither. It'll be amazing! hey, I don't think that I can Skpye on Saturday, but I'll let you know.

    Aunt Jackie- thank you! Don't worry, I will!

    Jillian- That's cool. Why did your friend move? Have you read the book Tea With Hezbollah by Ted Dekker & Carl Medearis? It's about their journey through the Middle East, and it's really good.

    I'm so glad that I have it! It would hard to spend the whole summer without it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never skyped before, probably because I don't have a camera built in to my computer, sounds like fun though. I would have hated the airplane ride though. Sounds like to much confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have a camera in mine either, so I have to borrow someone's. Yeah, it really wasn't any fun.

    ReplyDelete

go ahead. make my day.