19 June 2010

daddy.

I remember when I was little. We were at Gramps' house, and I was curled up in a corner crying. When Mom asked me why I told her it was because I couldn't to marry you were I grew up. I was crying so hard, and now that I think about it, Mom probably had to hold back her laughter when she explained to me why I couldn't marry you. Now, I know why I can't, and even though I don't want to marry you anymore, I want to marry someone like you. You're such a great dad. I was thinking about the Thursday before I left, when you took me kayaking down the river. It was such a fun time, and I wish that I could spend that much time with you today. I miss you so much, and I can't wait until I get back and see you. Thank you so much for encouraging me and pushing me to be better. I love you. :)

Giveaway! Head over here for the giveaway.

I got to Skype with my family tonight. Love.it. One of my favorite parts about Skyping is the goodbyes. Normally I really hate goodbyes, and this isn't any exception, but I love it when my little sister's face gets all big and she leans up to the camera to kiss me. It makes me smile. :)

Happy Father's Day! I miss my daddy...

8 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! Thanks for posting about my giveaway, Katie!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) You're very welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your daddy too. He spent his Father's Day working at my house. What a nice thing for him to do. Love you and miss you Katie. Grandma Bennett

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kates,

    I think Frost was writing about you:

    The rose is a rose,
    And was always a rose.
    But now the theory goes
    That the apple's a rose,
    And the pear is, and so's
    The plum, I suppose.
    The dear only knows
    What will next prove a rose.
    You, of course, are a rose
    But were always a rose.

    Thanks for the dear post. I treasure it.

    love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, thank you Daddy! You're welcome :)

    love, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must be hard to miss the family time, but fun to get to make a new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really glad that I could come, but I do miss my family.

    ReplyDelete

go ahead. make my day.