22 July 2009

Rain, rain, go away

In our family that rhyme is not often said. With the exception of maybe two, all of my family loves the rain.

And so, today was a happy day. We were planning to head into town earlier today, when the rain thundering down outside gave me an idea. Being outside in the rain is one of the best things to do, and being outside in the rain on a trampoline is even better. The only problem was, we were about to leave.

I found my mom and asked her what else needed to be done for us to go. She said that she needed to drink her tea and clean up and then we were going to leave. I asked her if we could go jump on the trampoline, and then, as she groaned out a maybe, I dashed upstairs to change clothes, grabbed a sister, and ran to the trampoline.

As soon as I bounced, I knew that it was going to be fun. Instead of the normal type of bounce, this first one was so much looser, more elastic. My little sister yelled at me to stop jumping while she was getting on, and I stopped. Barely. My other sister got on too, and all three of us jumped like crazy, occasionally slipping, occasionally falling, but having fun

I really love the rain.

4 comments:

go ahead. make my day.